Welcome to my blog. Here you will find my adventures with my family and friends. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'm so enjoying this wonderful world of blogging where I have met and made so many new friends.

Please leave a comment when you drop by so I can visit your blog and get to know you too
.

Friday, October 18, 2013

NEW QUILT NEEDED

This is my brand new, lovely bed with a good firm mattress
recently purchased to ensure that the horrible back trouble I recently experienced will not happen again.

Isn't it pretty?


However a problem has arisen.
 
My quilt,
the first quilt I ever made,
 is a bit small.


Too small in both directions!

So I've been collecting material
(in blue and yellow of course)
to make a new bigger and better quilt.

It's going to be a "Dissappearing Nine Patch" quilt.

I've cut strips of material 4 inches wide and 12 inches long,
matched the colours in pairs and sewn them together.




Next I'll cut them into strips 4 inches wide and turn them into 9 patches.
I'll get two 9 patch blocks from this.

Here are some of the combinations so far.
 


I've found quite a few of very pretty materials -
 mostly from my favourite quilting shop in Hervey Bay

 


Well that's today's batch sewn.
Back to work pinning the next batch.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. The original one looks fine to me! I hope you can work more quickly than me or you'll be 100 before you make a bigger one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure is a pretty color of blue in your bedroom. I would not have thought to put yellow with it but it looks great! The new quilt is looking good. Hope all goes well putting it together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only a beginner David and I'm not into complicated quilts. Time will tell!!

      Delete
  3. Hervey Bay is a bit of a drive for fabric Helen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My escape when it's nap time for the Oldies Carol !!

      Delete
  4. Its a same the old quilt is too short, because it is so pretty. Your new one is equally as pretty, Can't wait to see the finished project. Happy sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant get over how tidy your bedroom is :-D

    ReplyDelete